Thursday, July 12, 2012
First blog on my blogzspot blogger..
OK. This is prob been a long time coming but at least I'm doing it now. I set up my old boss's blog spot last year when she wasn't even aware it existed, and blogged on her behalf. I blog a lot on FB, journals, etc. I read other peoples blogs and emails all the time and find that more and more people like myself are out there writing/listening. So why the heck not finally make my own. Even as I am writing this I'm wondering how many, if any, will read them. I found a pastors blog today through his church site "Eagle Creek Church". This church helped me when I was in need about a year ago....and did it without even knowing who I was. A school Councillor gave me a couples number (Marshal and Steph Hamilton) and said their church might help. Its was refreshing to see a church reach out to help someone who isn't a MEMBER. I ended up giving them my first tithing in a long time out of my first check when I started working again. If and when I ever get my lazy lump out of bed Sunday morning to attend church...that is where I will be going..lol. So today I went to their website. Maybe to encourage myself to actually go..lol. The pastor had a blog from blogger posted on his church site. I am a huge lover of blogs, journals, and people status's. The more they write, the more you get to know about them. Its a good way to tell WHO they are and WHAT they are like, what they think, etc. without actually knowing them. I found a couple things that he blogged interesting. I'm always looking for people who are realistic. There are way too many fakes out there. If I am going to attend a church Its going to be one that isn't too old fashioned or fake. Ive been to way too many of those kinds of churches growing up. You know....the hypocritical (I'm so perfect) kind. Its not an excuse for me not going to church...but it is one of the reasons. Hard to find a good, down to earth church who embraces imperfection and spiritualism at the same time, and uses it to reach others. I think more people would be reached if they know that we are "imperfect". I believe we should lead by example. But that doesn't mean just the good stuff. So reading this pastors blog....i was surprised to see that there were little to no comments on his blogs. But...I was there, reading them, so I'm sure others will as well. We are in a day in age where Internet, social media, and blogs are more commonly used then we even realize. I believe more people can be reached here then ever before. After all.....you are here, reading this...loongg blog..lol. You are getting a sense of who I am and what I'm about...just by reading this one blog. And I'm sure everyone will have their own opinion. But...in order to see a tree grow....first a seed must be planted. People may not listen to or trust other people....but they do listen to what they believe in...themselves. They can choose weather or not they want to believe it. After all...it is easier to form an opinion ( and/or listen to that still, small voice) and know yourself...then it is to trust or believe someone else. Better to be guided...then pushed to the water. And there are a lot of stubborn goats out there..lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment